Regarding Start of postmaster

From: "Kaushik Roy" <kaushikr(at)virtusa(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "ConnecTerra-QA Project" <ConnecTerra-QAProject(at)virtusa(dot)com>
Subject: Regarding Start of postmaster
Date: 2003-12-17 06:03:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Problem : When starting the postmaster ( DB Server ) we can see the following on the console :
Incorrectly built binary which accesses errno, h_errno or _res directly. Needs to be fixed.
DEBUG: database system was shut down at 2003-12-17 10:40:32 IST
DEBUG: checkpoint record is at 0/11C370
DEBUG: redo record is at 0/11C370; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
DEBUG: next transaction id: 125; next oid: 16562
DEBUG: database system is ready

After this when we try to create a database using createdb command, we get the following error message:
psql: could not connect to server: Connection refused
createdb: database creation failed

The createdb command is run from a different xterm console, but I don't think that's a problem...

Any idea what/where the problem is??

Regards,
Kaushik Roy