Long binded parameter value in the postgres log

From: Nikitin Nikolay <Nikolay(dot)Nikitin(at)infowatch(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Long binded parameter value in the postgres log
Date: 2017-06-08 08:00:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

We insert many rows with long text and bytea (about 500 MB) values. In the postgres config we set log_min_duration_statement to 120 seconds.
If this statements work more 120 seconds then they will be written into the postgres log with parameter values.
As a result, the postgres log increases by 500MB for each statement.

I think the postgres should have a "max bind value log size" parameter. If a bind value is bigger then this parameter, it will be truncated.
And in the log its real size and its truncated part will be written.

Regards,
Nikolay Nikitin.

Email address: nikolay(dot)nikitin(at)infowatch(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.11