pg_restore UTF8 problem

From: Thomas Burns <tombu(at)schoolloop(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_restore UTF8 problem
Date: 2007-08-01 16:57:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I ran into a problem while restore a database. I am converting a
database from SQLASCII to UTF8. The pg_restore fails with:

pg_restore: ERROR: invalid UTF-8 byte sequence detected near byte 0xe7
CONTEXT: COPY sl_email_messages, line 119593, column message: "In
Reply To:get a life

and terminates. What I would like to happen is for pg_restore to
ignore this error and continue on. Is there a way to make it do that?

Tom Burns