python install location

From: Alan Nilsson <anilsson(at)apple(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: python install location
Date: 2019-03-07 00:12:24
Lists: pgsql-general

How does postgres determine which install of python to use in conjunction with plpythonu? We have a CentOS6 machine with python 2.6 and 2.7 installed on it. The 2.6 version is in the canonical location and the version which gets used when using the plpython extension.

Is there a way, in postgres, short of rebuilding that we can tell postgres which install of python to use when invoking plpython?

thanks
alan