Performance with the new security release?

From: Anne Rosset <arosset(at)collab(dot)net>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Performance with the new security release?
Date: 2013-04-22 17:38:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,
We are seeing some overall performance degradation in our application
since we installed the security release. Other commits were also done
at the same time in the application so we don't know yet if the
degradation has any relationship with the security release.

While we are digging into this, I would like to know if it is possible
that the release has some impact on performance. After reading this
"It was created as a side effect of a refactoring effort to make
establishing new connections to a PostgreSQL server faster, and the
associated code more maintainable.", I am thinking it is quite possible.

Please let me know. Thanks,

Anne