citext contrib module (building indexes)

From: Michael Gould <mgould(at)intermodalsoftwaresolutions(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: citext contrib module (building indexes)
Date: 2009-07-23 22:20:48
Lists: pgsql-general

I've got several columns in my database that need to have case insensitive
searches done so I've loaded the citext control module and have changed the
data types to citext.  When I create a index on a column that is defined as
a citext, how is that going to be treated.  Will Postgres use the index to
search or will it always do a table scan?

Best Regards

--
Michael Gould, Managing Partner
Intermodal Software Solutions, LLC