Re: Email not searchable in our archives

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Email not searchable in our archives
Date: 2008-03-12 01:12:23
Lists: pgsql-www

> I don't want to lose Mhonarc, at least not for the moment. It is
> powerful and customizable and has served us reasonably well for a very
> long time. (Longer than most of us, actually.)

Agreed. One of the problems with moving off it is that if we change to
something else that breaks mbox files at different points, we will
invalidate archive URLs. We went there once already by accident and it
was not fun.

The From-line problem is minor anyway. I think the real issue is why
the heck is our text search missing some old mail? AFAIK no one has a
clue where that problem is, so it's premature to blame any particular
component.