Re: [HACKERS] The Accountant is not Amused

From: "Aaron J(dot) Seigo" <aaron(at)gtv(dot)ca>
To: Michael Robinson <robinson(at)netrinsics(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] The Accountant is not Amused
Date: 1999-12-05 16:13:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

hi.

> Is this fixed in later versions? If not, should I send in a patch?
>
> -Michael Robinson

<SNIPPED OUT LOTS OF MONEY DATA TYPE STUFF>

apparently, the money time is deprecated and will be going the way of the
dinosaurs someday soon (so threaten the developers)

we used the money data type extensively in an installation i run... with the
news of money going out of style however =) we switched to numeric(9,2) which
works quite well...

still some quirks with numeric: no money->numeric (surprise), int2 doesn't play
well with numeric (but converts easily to int4 which does)...

it took me 2 days to rid our system of money and update all our code... and now
it works much nicer, too!

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Sys Admin