timestamps

From: David Rugge <davidrugge(at)mindspring(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: timestamps
Date: 1999-11-03 02:51:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

I created a table using this statement:

create table timestamptest (creation_date timestamp default text 'now')

But I get the creation date of the table instead of the date of the
transaction. This is the format suggested in the manual to workaround the
default value being set at table creation, but it doesn't work!

What can I do to make a timestamp that is the date the row was inserted into
the table?

--
David Rugge

http://www.mindspring.com/~davidrugge/index.html