Re: ER diagrams

From: Tony Grant <tony(at)animaproductions(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ER diagrams
Date: 2001-05-10 13:56:17
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10 May 2001 14:06:19 +0100, martin(dot)chantler(at)convergys(dot)com wrote:

> Visio 2000 comes with a set of drivers which includes an ODBC driver
> I haven't tried Visio with Postgres but hopefully it would work, it did
> manage to import a DB2 database using the ODBC driver.

I stole this from the Druid forum:

"Here follows a list of the main features I think to implement in the
next druid release:

- Jdbc access to an existing database
- examine the db structure
- perform queries
- retrieve db structure for reverse engineering
- sql diff with db
- upgrade the db structure using druid structure
- diff with previously created databases, generating a diff
report
- Visual browsing
- in which table a datatype is used
- which tables use a given one
- tables used by a given one
- selecting a folder, shows a graphic ER view

Because the last feature is very heavy to implement, if users demand for
it I can release an intermediate version with jdbc support."

http://druid.sourceforge.net/

Cheers

Tony Grant

--