Re: Search Path vs Synonyms

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Matthew Seaborn <Matthew(dot)Seaborn(at)performgroup(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Search Path vs Synonyms
Date: 2009-07-24 07:56:32
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 09:38, Matthew
Seaborn<Matthew(dot)Seaborn(at)performgroup(dot)com> wrote:
> Ah, I am actually using EnterpriseDB (a commercial 'fork' of PSQL) which does have synonyms.

For support on EnterpriseDB you should contact EnterpriseDB, not the
PostgreSQL community. We can only answer about the opensource product.

> Is it possible set define the default search_path for a given user?

In the community version you can. I don't know if this works in
EnterpriseDB. You'd just use
ALTER USER userid SET search_path='schema1,schema2'

--
Magnus Hagander
Self: http://www.hagander.net/