Re: BUG #17502: View based on window functions returns wrong results when queried

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #17502: View based on window functions returns wrong results when queried
Date: 2023-01-30 22:53:33
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 9:12 AM David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> The following is also pretty strange. Why should adding the SRF column
>> to the ORDER BY change the number of output rows?

> Is this a bug we should fix?

This bug seems to have slipped off the radar screen, but it's still
a bug. I continue to believe that the best fix is to disallow SRFs
in window definitions, and present the trivial patch to do so.

As discussed, I'm comfortable with leaving this alone in the back
branches.

regards, tom lane

Attachment Content-Type Size
disallow-SRFs-in-window-definitions-altogether.patch text/x-diff 3.7 KB