CREATE LANGUAGE cannot load library ERROR!

From: yawei hou <wangshigeyao(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)cn>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CREATE LANGUAGE cannot load library ERROR!
Date: 2008-04-08 16:32:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi:

I am rather new to PostgreSQL and so have probably done something stupid (or not done something).

I am running PostgreSQL 8.2.7 on Windows 2003 serverr. When I use 'create language' to add pl/perl to a database, I get the following error:
ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/8.2/lib/plperl.dll":
The specified module could not be found.

However if I look in the directory that it indicates, plperl.dll is actually there, and I do have the full Perl package installed on my system. I notice that it has the slashes ('/') facing the wrong direction.

I have looked for a setting in this regard but can't find one. Is this just the error message or is that actually where it is looking, and how can I fix it?

thanks
Yawei hou

雅虎邮箱,您的终生邮箱!