Re: Stack Smashing Detected When Executing initdb

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Xu Haorong <db_haorong(at)outlook(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Stack Smashing Detected When Executing initdb
Date: 2024-06-23 15:48:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Xu Haorong <db_haorong(at)outlook(dot)com> writes:
> Today I tried to build the latest devel version of PostgreSQL(commit 70a845c04a47645b58f8276a6b3ab201ea8ec426). The compilation was successful, but when I ran initdb an error occured:

> performing post-bootstrap initialization ... *** stack smashing detected ***: terminated
> Aborted (core dumped)
> child process exited with exit code 134

No such problem is visible in our build farm [1], so what we have to
figure out is how your machine is different from all of those.
You've provided exactly zero context:

* What platform is this on (be specific)? Is the system software
up-to-date?
* What C compiler are you using, and what version exactly?
* What configure options did you use?

regards, tom lane

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl