Connection error

From: "Shulman, Michael" <mshulman(at)bu(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-general General" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Connection error
Date: 2006-03-21 16:27:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I tried to connect PostgeSQL 8.1 (Windows 2000) from remote computer
(Windows XP) using pgAdmin 1.4.2 and got error:

"Error connecting to the server: server closed the connection
unexpectedly This probably means the server terminated abnormally before
or while processing the request"

I start stop service few time before I got this error. Now it become
permanent.
I try to connect from deferent PC and have same result. I reinstall
PostgreSQL but it does not help.
Local pgAdmin work normally.
Any idea.

Michael