Debugging plpgsql functions

From: Tomáš Vondra <vondra(at)tesmail(dot)cz>
Subject: Debugging plpgsql functions
Date: 2002-09-09 13:43:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello everybody,
is it posssible to use "debugging" on a PostgreSQL server, at least
for stored procedures. Is there some possibility to use
breakpoints,, watches etc?

For example when I'm programming stored procedure on my
workstation, and I want to use it on a database server, is there a
possibility for some advanced debugging?

I haven't found IDE or editor supporting this feature, but I don't
know if it's caused by impossibility to implement this.

Tomas