Re: How to use full-text search URL parser to filter query results by domain name?

From: Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Jess Wren <jess(dot)wren(at)interference(dot)cc>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to use full-text search URL parser to filter query results by domain name?
Date: 2019-04-08 11:50:33
Lists: pgsql-general

On 07.04.2019 07:06, Jess Wren wrote:
> However, I can't figure out how I would integrate this into the above
> query to filter out duplicate domains from the results. And because this
> is the docs for "testing and debugging text search
> <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/textsearch-debugging.html#TEXTSEARCH-PARSER-TESTING>",
> I don't know if this use of `ts_parse()` is even related to how the URL
> parser is intended to be used in practice.
>
> How would I use the "host" parser in my query above to return one row
> per domain? Also, how would I appropriately index the "links" table for
> "host" and "url" token lookup?

I think it is normal to use ts_parse(). And I suppose you might use
windows functions.

For example, you have table links:

=# create table links (score int, link text);
=# insert into links values
(1, 'http://www.foo.com/bar'),
(2, 'http://www.foo.com/foo'),
(2, 'http://www.bar.com/foo'),
(1, 'http://www.bar.com/bar');

You can use the following query:

=# with l as (
select score, token, link,
rank() over (partition by token order by score) as rank
from links,
lateral ts_parse('default', link)
where tokid = 6)
select score, token, link from l where rank = 1;
score | token | link
1 | www.bar.com | http://www.bar.com/bar
1 | www.foo.com | http://www.foo.com/bar

It is just the idea, probably the query might be simpler.

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company