WAL & ready files retained after turning off log shipping

From: Ron Johnson <ron(dot)l(dot)johnson(at)cox(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WAL & ready files retained after turning off log shipping
Date: 2017-09-07 13:51:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

v8.4 (and there's nothing I can do about it).

After disabling log shipping via setting "archive_mode = off", and then
running, "pg_ctl reload", old WAL files and their associated .ready files
aren't being deleted.

Is there any document you can point me to as to why this is happening, and
what I can do to stop it?

Thanks