plperl version on the meson setup summary screen

From: Zharkov Roman <r(dot)zharkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: plperl version on the meson setup summary screen
Date: 2024-10-18 02:02:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

Would it be convinient to show the plperl version on the meson setup
summary
screen? Now it displays only 'YES' or 'NO'. This is the expected
behavior of
the meson build system and explains in its source code:
https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/blob/5f0bd8ff1e7fc43199d4b371fc4625f80baba810/mesonbuild/dependencies/base.py#L311C15-L311C27
With the attached patch we can see the "perlversion" in the summary
information table. But without a beautiful console colorize.

Additionaly, we found out that "perlversion" gets from the perl
"api_versionstring" config variable. When the configure script parses
the
"perl -v" output:

> pgac_perl_version=`$PERL -v 2>/dev/null | sed -n 's/This is
> perl.*v[a-...

Is this behavior correct?

--
Roman Zharkov

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-show-plperl-version-in-the-meson-setup-summary.patch text/x-diff 723 bytes