ts_tovector() to_query()

From: "Severn, Chris" <chris_severn(at)chernay(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ts_tovector() to_query()
Date: 2013-03-28 20:50:50
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a statement that is like this

SELECT m.* FROM movies m WHERE to_tsvector(m.item_title) @@ to_tsquery('Robocop|DVD|Collection')

this works, but it correctly returns all the matching records that have any of the query items in them.

What I want to do is return items that have 'Robocop' or 'Robocop and DVD' or 'Robocop and Collection' or 'Robocop and DVD and collection'

is there an operator for the tsvector / tsquery relationship that will do this? Or am I forced to sift through the results of the initial query after the fact?

Thanks,
Chris