RE: [GENERAL] Thing that makes me go "Hmmm"

From: Michael J Davis <michael(dot)j(dot)davis(at)tvguide(dot)com>
To: "'Bruce Tong'" <zztong(at)laxmi(dot)ev(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL General <pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] Thing that makes me go "Hmmm"
Date: 1999-05-03 19:15:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Does your user have permissions to create files in
$PGDATA/base/database_name? This is the directory where PostgreSQL stores
its data. If you have not altered the location of your databases you could
also look in /usr/local/pgsql/databases/base/database_name. PostgreSQL
wants to create a file for each table. I was able to create table mptemp
using the code below.