Re: [HACKERS] Odd problem with pg_class ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Odd problem with pg_class ...
Date: 1999-09-02 15:03:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> NOTICE: get_groname: group 0 not found
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

get_groname returns NULL on failure, and it looks like aclitemout
in backend/utils/adt/acl.c isn't checking for that. Probably
aclitemout ought to produce the decimal equivalent of the group ID
if no name is available. Compare what it does in the UID case just
above.

BTW, the ifdef'd out elog(NOTICE) in the UID case could be re-enabled
now, because I fixed the FE/BE protocol problem with NOTICEs generated
by type conversion routines...