Re: Database issues when adding GUI

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database issues when adding GUI
Date: 2021-06-07 23:09:09
Lists: pgsql-general

On 6/7/21 3:58 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2021, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>

>> That will show what is currently installed, not what has been installed
>> over time. The bottom line is that this is Qt issue and to solve it is
>> going to require working from the Qt side and that is only going to work
>> by knowing what version of Qt(not PyQt) is being used.
>
> This is the qt version installed: qt5-5.12.8-x86_64-1_SBo. Currently. Now.

So that does not match your current version of PyQt:

PyQt5-5.15.2-x86_64-3

If I understand this:

https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/static/Docs/PyQt5/installation.html#understanding-the-correct-version-to-install

PyQT<some_version> will downshift to using older libraries then what it
is built against. PyQt is just a wrapper(binding) to the underlying Qt
libraries. It is the Qt libraries that have the database drivers, in
your case QPSQL. I'm guessing qt5-5.12.8 is not recent enough to deal
with the changes in Postgres 11+. You might want to ask this on the Qt
list(s). I have tried to determine this, but the Qt repo structure is
lets say interesting and I can't find any relevant information.

Does your version of Slackware allow you to upgrade the Qt version to
5.15.x?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com