error messages without schema name

From: Filip Rembiałkowski <plk(dot)zuber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: error messages without schema name
Date: 2006-12-13 14:19:45
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi all,

I heard once that all messages which refer to table names should also
give their schema name.

I mean, if I see something like

rzeznia=# TRUNCATE nsp2.foo;
ERROR: cannot truncate a table referenced in a foreign key constraint
DETAIL: Table "bar" references "foo".
HINT: Truncate table "bar" at the same time, or use TRUNCATE ... CASCADE.

I do not know which namespace "bar" belongs to.

Is this a bug, or do I have to live with it?

--
Filip Rembiałkowski