Problem with postgreSQL

From: Gian mario Caggiu <gianmariocaggiu(at)icloud(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with postgreSQL
Date: 2018-03-26 11:41:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, I'm a student and I downloaded postgreSQL to my Mac but I found a problem. The program does not start, I do not understand why, but that's not what scares me. The fact is that a virtual user has been created called 'postgreSQL' which has appropriated all the functions of the administrator user. Can I kindly ask you why and how did this happen?

Gian Mario Caggiu