Re: Fwd: Creating multiple instances of postresql on Windows environment

From: Howard News <howardnews(at)selestial(dot)com>
To: kaustubh kelkar <ksquare16(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Creating multiple instances of postresql on Windows environment
Date: 2016-11-08 17:32:32
Lists: pgsql-general

On 08/11/2016 03:27, kaustubh kelkar wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am a PostgreSQL user who wants to create multiple instances of
> PostgreSQL database server. I am using PostgreSQL 9.4 and above.
>
> I tried to create more than 2 instances on Linux environment in which
> I was successful. But, for windows environment, I tried with the help
> of pgAdmin4 and with the help of commands (initdb and some more
> commands.) In both cases , there is some issue related to the ports.
> Please find the attached screenshot for the reference.
>
> Please help me to resolve the issue.

Hi, I am not sure of your requirements but you can alternatively run a
single database cluster with multiple databases. So run the cluster on a
single port as in the vanilla windows installation, and then use "CREATE
DATABASE dbname;" for each database you need.

Ignore this if it is not what you are asking :)