Embedded PostgreSQL

From: "Yannick ALLUSSE" <yannick(dot)allusse(at)kisbv(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Embedded PostgreSQL
Date: 2002-03-13 08:19:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi everybody, and many thanks for the work you do!

I would like to use PostgreSQL as an embedded database, but when I just
create a new database, its size is already 20 MB and it is empty!!
I have already asked in other goups but no good answer.

So, I ask the Hacking team. Why the db is so big at creating time, what are
the value I can play with, without risk. May be some features can be disable
to gain some space?

Thanks

Yannick