Re: Fedora core 10: tcpip_socket = True

From: bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fedora core 10: tcpip_socket = True
Date: 2011-04-06 11:07:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear Devrim;

Thanks a lot, u r right.

But it look like that now the postgresql has been crashed (really I do not know why suddenly I found it stop .. but what I expect that there were a lot of wrong queries are running).

I am not sure if a block happened due to something wrong ..

I ran yum remove postgresql postgresql-devel postgresql-server, also I remove the directory /var/lib/pgsl and I reinstall, then I ran again service postgresql initdb.

But still I am not able to start the postgresql (it is giving fail).

What could be the reason for the fail to start the postgresql? How I can do a complete remove for it (what other than pgsql directory need to be removed?) Where could be the problem?

Appreciate ur kindly help.
Regards
Bilal