Re: How to replicate 2 nodes parallel

From: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Suraj Sawant <suraj(dot)sawant(at)shreeyansh(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to replicate 2 nodes parallel
Date: 2021-05-17 07:13:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Sun, 2021-05-16 at 01:02 +0530, Suraj Sawant wrote:
> I'm using PostgreSQL 12.5, for HA setup I'm using 3 poatgresql nodes.
>
> For that I need to take 'pg_basebackup' on two nodes simultaneously from my Master node.
>
> Is there any option available to take 'pg_basebacup' parallel and then make it in A-B-C format
> i.e. A -> Master
> B -> Slave
> C -> DR.

Since "pg_basebackup" uses the non-exclusive backup method, you can run two
such backups concurrently.

However, there is no way to have it run a backup with several parallel processes
to speed up the procedure.

The high availability setup will require thrid-party software, since PostgreSQL
has no built-in clusterware.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe