Re: Inconsistent RestrictInfo serial numbers

From: Andrei Lepikhov <lepihov(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Richard Guo <guofenglinux(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Inconsistent RestrictInfo serial numbers
Date: 2024-10-09 03:15:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10/8/24 18:20, Richard Guo wrote:
> To fix, I think we can reset the root->last_rinfo_serial counter after
> generating the additional constant-FALSE RestrictInfo. Please see
> attached.
Thanks for the job!
The approach will work, no doubt. But why are you using such a wordy
approach with save_last_rinfo_serial? I'd say it is better to invent a
function like make_rinfo_variant() or something like that and explicitly
set rinfo_serial. It will be easier to read and understand in the
future, won't it?

--
regards, Andrei Lepikhov