Re: loading data into cluster - can I daisy-chain streaming replication?

From: Dennis <dennisr(at)visi(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: loading data into cluster - can I daisy-chain streaming replication?
Date: 2015-12-03 03:54:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Unfortunately, no can not do what you have proposed because to make B a slave of A requires that you make binary copy of A to B and then turn on replication from A to B which will break B to C replication.

What you can do with your current configuration is do a pg_dumpall or pg_dump of A and load that logical dump into B which would then replicate the data to C.

Dennis