Re: language interface in postgresql

From: "Trevor Talbot" <quension(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jasbinder Singh Bali" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: language interface in postgresql
Date: 2007-08-15 04:10:20
Lists: pgsql-general

On 8/14/07, Jasbinder Singh Bali <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I was wondering if any other database has language interface for different
> programing languages such as C , perl , python etc the way postgresql has.

Assuming you mean stored procedures, Microsoft's SQL Server hosts the
CLR, which means pretty much any language capable of targeting .NET
will work. The mechanisms behind this are quite involved, to
guarantee different levels of security and reliability; it's rather
interesting to dig into.

It is just one platform though, so might not be quite what you had in mind :)