Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: The first dedicated PostgreSQL forum
Date: 2010-11-13 19:24:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> writes:
> It's a shame that a forum can't act as a front-end for a mailing list, so
> signing up to the forum actually signs you up to a mailing list (if you're
> not already signed up), but without receiving any emails. Messages posted
> to the forum would get sent to the list, and vice versa.

That would be cool. Wonder if there's something like that out there already.

> And such a system
> would need to support cross-posting too somehow.

Dunno, seems like we've been discouraging cross-posting lately anyhow.
I wouldn't see anything wrong with forum posts only being able to go to
one mailing list, as long as there were a forum corresponding to each
active list.