Re: Problem with pg_hba.conf

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Niral Trivedi <niral(dot)trivedi(at)insage(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem with pg_hba.conf
Date: 2000-12-13 16:45:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Niral Trivedi <niral(dot)trivedi(at)insage(dot)com> writes:
> Also, I have added separate lines in 'pg_hba.conf' file for two db as
> follows:

> local db1 crypt file1.dat
> local db2 crypt file2.dat

That looks correct as far as it goes.

> But problem is I can connect to both db using both password.

Are you sure the postmaster is checking the password at all? It sounds
to me like the postmaster might be selecting some earlier entry in
pg_hba.conf and not using these two. Did you comment out the default
entry for "local all trust"? Are you perhaps connecting via IP, rather
than via a Unix socket?