Re: BUG #8143: Backend segmentation fault in pg_trgm

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: jroller(at)rjobrien(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #8143: Backend segmentation fault in pg_trgm
Date: 2013-05-09 23:19:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

jroller(at)rjobrien(dot)com writes:
> We've come across a specific query and query plan that causes a repeatable
> segmentation fault on the postgresql backend.

Ah, I see it: gistrescan() is trying to preserve the per-scankey
fn_extra values to allow caching, but what it's doing does not work
if more than one scankey refers to the same consistentFn, ie, the
same index column. A bit surprising we've not seen this before,
because I think that code has been like that for awhile.

Will fix, thanks for the report!