Re: Which SQL is the best for servers?

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew(at)ocis(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Which SQL is the best for servers?
Date: 2009-02-17 03:47:08
Lists: pgsql-general

Paulie <linehan(dot)paul(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

[snip]

>No CPU data, no disk array data - they haven't even chosen
>an OS and are not sure where to put their web server (and
>no mention of an app server tier!).

It might be a real project, but it has a feel of irreality. I
can not tell if it is wishful thinking or just a homework project.

>Maybe they should run with the mauve db?

Paulie, I am shocked, simply shocked at your poor advice.

OP stated: 'Since the server may come with only 32GB of RAM,
which SQL can run the "leanest" - that is, not a memory hog?'

Remember: mauve has the most RAM, so it would not be appropriate
here.
</silly>

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko