data dump help

From: Terry <td3201(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: data dump help
Date: 2010-01-18 22:08:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Sorry for the poor subject. Not sure how to describe what I need
here. I have an application that logs to a single table in pgsql.
In order for me to get into our log management, I need to dump it out
to a file on a periodic basis to get new logs. I am not sure how to
tackle this. I thought about doing a date calculation and just
grabbing the previous 6 hours of logs and writing that to a new log
file and setting up a rotation like that. Unfortunately, the log
management solution can't go into pgsql directly. Thoughts?

Thanks!