Large Objects

From: Jürgen Purtz <juergen(at)purtz(dot)de>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Large Objects
Date: 2016-10-07 07:10:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

a) What is the distinction between our data type TEXT and the SQL:2011
data type CLOB which we do not support (T041)?

b) Is there a distinction between the two Postgres data types TEXT and
"CHARACTER VARYING without specifying a length" - or are they only
synonym terms without different functionalities and capabilities?

Kind regards, Jürgen