Re: PostgreSQL 12 Press Release - First Draft

From: Petr Jelinek <petr(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jkatz(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 12 Press Release - First Draft
Date: 2019-09-03 06:11:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hi Jonathan,

On 02/09/2019 17:19, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Thank you all for your feedback, it was incredibly helpful! I waited a
> few days before incorporating changes to try to limit the back-and-forth.
>
> Please see attached for the latest draft. I tried to move this closer to
> the final markdown version (e.g. to Peter's point above) though there is
> some additional formatting I will provide before the final one.
>
> Again, please keep your feedback coming through September 6, 2019
> AOE[1]. I will let you know if there is an extension, of course :) >
> [...]
>
> # PostgreSQL 12 Released!

I am not a native speaker but this sounds weird to me, shouldn't it say
something like "is released" or "has been released"?

> For a full list of features included in this release, please read the release notes, which can be found at: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/static/release-12.html

The "/static" part of url should be removed IMHO, shorter url without
redirect is always better both for humans and for indexing.

--
Petr Jelinek
2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Solutions for the Enterprise