Re: Performance Issue after upgrade from 9 to 11

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Perumal Raj <perucinci(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Performance Issue after upgrade from 9 to 11
Date: 2020-01-29 22:54:38
Lists: pgsql-general

On 1/29/20 1:58 PM, Perumal Raj wrote:
> Hi Tom /Adrian,
>
> Issue is not specific to a table or particular Query. Also there is no
> change in DB parameter after upgrade.

You obviously are seeing some difference, so pick a query and do an
EXPLAIN ANALYZE on it. Without some actual performance data this issue
is not going to be solved.

> That the only way i can make it most of the the query to run as like
> before upgrade.
>
> Note:
> Some web reference says , Engine will take some time to adjust until it
> runs autovacuum .

The above assumes you have not done a manual ANALYZE on the database, as
ANALYZE is done as part of autovacuum.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com