Re: Separate log_destination, user specific

From: Holger Jakobs <holger(at)jakobs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Separate log_destination, user specific
Date: 2022-01-25 10:55:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Am 25.01.22 um 11:48 schrieb Daulat:
> Hello Team,
>
> Is it possible to set a separate log_destination for some users  in
> Postgres?
> As I know all actions are recorded under the directory specified
> by log_destination.
>
> But I want to create a separate log file for DBA users to log their
> actions.
> Is any third party or free ware tool available to accomplish this task ?
>
> Please suggest !
>
> Thanks,

There is no setting for this, but of course you can set up a process
which is always watching the log and copying messages by user (or other
criteria) to other files.

Make sure that in case of log rotation your process switches to the new
current log file.

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012