AW: BUG #18189: Value partitioned tables: Upd ERROR: more than one row returned by a subquery used as an expression

From: Hans Buschmann <buschmann(at)nidsa(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "Hans Buschmann" <buschmann(at)nidsa(dot)net>
Subject: AW: BUG #18189: Value partitioned tables: Upd ERROR: more than one row returned by a subquery used as an expression
Date: 2023-11-11 08:54:40
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello Tom,

>Sadly, there are no attachments here; I don't think our bug-submission
>webform can handle them. When you need attachments, I'd suggest just
>mailing the pgsql-bugs list directly without bothering with the webform.

The situation seems much worse in this area:

I sent a "reply to all" mail after I received the Bug-reporting mail (WHY after a longer time of clearance??) yesterday at 15:50 CET.
It contained all 5 attachments just under 10 MB and I received the the copy sent to myself. So I thought all is OK.

Today I noticed, that this mail doesn't appear in buglist #18189 and totally disappeared for the community !!!

It seems there are mechanisms behind the scenes, that are not documented nor obvious for gentle users trying to ameliorate the software...

Now I resend the attachments in 2 mails

(I repackaged the big file to bz2 format)

Best regards

Hans Buschmann

Attachment Content-Type Size
create_tables_ERR.sql application/octet-stream 21.0 KB
GaiaSource_262134-265343_3E.zip application/x-zip-compressed 1.5 MB
source_to_arrays_ERR.sql application/octet-stream 4.8 KB
steps_for_partition_err.sql application/octet-stream 1022 bytes