Redirecting Output

From: benc1(at)today(dot)com(dot)au (Ben C)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Redirecting Output
Date: 2002-06-23 22:28:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi there,

I am hoping that someone can point me to the docs where I will find
the answer to this problem ... all I am trying to do is redirect
output from a select statement (from either an SQL or PL\pgsql
function) to a text file ... seems simple enough ... however after
reading as many docs/books that I can find I have not been able to
find a solution ... is it possible?? If so would someone be kind
enough to point me to some documentation re: this?

thanks

Ben