SQL Editor in pgAdmin4

From: Kieran McCusker <kieran(dot)mccusker(at)kwest(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL Editor in pgAdmin4
Date: 2016-08-02 08:08:49
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi

Just been looking at the SQL editor in pgAdmin4. Issues I see at the
moment are:

My users spend a lot of their day editing scripts that are held on
the network.
It looks currently like you have to map each network drive to a
drive letter (in windows).

It takes 3-4 seconds from clicking the Open File button to the file
selector being shown.
In pgAdmin 1.22 it is instant.

The editor has no search / search and replace and no configuration
options (tabs vs spaces number of spaces per indent etc).
The scripts my users have are pulling in data and cleaning it. They
tend to be quite long.

There doesn't appear to be a shortcut for executing the SQL (used to
be F5)

I appreciate this is still beta, but thought it worth mentioning these
issues as they will cause problems for my users.

Thanks

Kieran