Re: How to post to this mailing list from a web based interface

From: Thomas Guyot <tguyot(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Ravi Krishna <srkrishna(at)yahoo(dot)com>, PG List <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2021-02-15 20:34:03
Lists: pgsql-general

On 2021-02-15 12:30, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 2/15/21 9:24 AM, Thomas Guyot wrote:
>
>> The "download mbox" option doesn't work, I get asked for a user/password
>> every time (I would've downloaded archives for the lats two months to
>> get continuation on most threads).
>
> The user/password is in the message in the prompt.

Ha, thanks! Turning on developer mode I could see it in the response
headers. It's a shame Chrome doesn't show it, yet I guess there may be a
good reason such as phishing sites trying to make the prompt more legit
while impersonating an organization...

Possible suggestions though - maybe allow cookie-based auth when logged
in, or show the user/password in the 401 error page.

I could get the archives this time, thanks!

--
Thomas