Request to share information regarding postgresql pg_xlog file.

From: Yogesh Sharma <Yogesh1(dot)Sharma(at)nectechnologies(dot)in>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Request to share information regarding postgresql pg_xlog file.
Date: 2016-09-15 05:09:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear Team,

Thanks for your support and suggestion.
We are using below postgresql rpm.
postgresql-8.1.18-2.1

In our system, below error is found and occurring is very frequent.

CONTEXT: writing block 53 of relation 1663/16385/280951
ERROR: could not open relation 1663/16385/280951: No such file or directory

Due to this, size of pg_xlog is increasing continuous.
Could you please share what is possible cause of this issue.
And how we can resolve this issue.

Also , we tried to stop the postgresql but it couldn’t stop and timout after 60 sec.
please confirm below message in postgre logs.
FATAL: terminating connection due to administrator command

Regards,
Yogesh