connect problems

From: "Zempel, David" <david(dot)zempel(at)lmco(dot)com>
To: "'postgresql'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: connect problems
Date: 2003-05-02 21:43:47
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm just getting started, so please give me a break. I just installed
Postgresql on HPUX and I'm trying to connect to it via a Perl app using
DBI::Pg 1.22. I'm getting the following message that I think I understand.
Yet, I've got no idea how to correct it.

DBI connect('dbname=nlog:host=cheddar','postgres',...) failed: FATAL:
Database "nlog:host=cheddar" does not exist in the system catalog. At
./nlog_maint line 244

What is the "system catalog" and how do I register my database? I created
the database using psql, so I know it's there.

Thanks, Dave.