Re: Query history

From: Kozusznik Michal <kozusznik(dot)michal(at)ifortuna(dot)cz>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query history
Date: 2012-07-25 22:57:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

> By query history, you mean the 4th tab in the query tool? or the
> combobox?

I meant the combobox.

> Well, this would be a lot of work, something not reasonable to do. The
> probably hardest part of it would be to find individual queries; Good
> luck with that.
>
> Right now, we send to the server everything or only the selected part.
> And we know if everything went fine, or if there was an error.

great, so you know what to store into history. just commands sent to a server. nothing more. currently you store whole script even if single line of it has been sent.
worse is, you store the same whole script multiple times flooding history (combo box). Inend up with all history entries filled by the same script.

just try example I gave you in the first post.