Re: Installing plpgsql fails

From: "Nigel Bishop" <Nigel(dot)Bishop(at)ioko(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installing plpgsql fails
Date: 2003-10-09 09:53:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom,

I tried what Andreas Schmitz suggested (setting PGLIB=/opt/postgres/product/7.3.3/lib in the createlang script), it didn't return an error but there again it didn't return the CREATELANG message either. Though if I then run the "createland lang db" again it says that the language is installed. Selecting from pg_language does not show the plpgsql language.

Running pg_config --pkglibdir returns - /opt/postgres/product/7.3.3/lib

When postgres was installed on this machine back in July the configure script was ran with:

./configure --prefix=/opt/postgres/product/7.3.3

Could this make a difference

I was trying to run the dbsize.sql script which fails (ERROR: stat failed on file '$libdir/plpgsql': No such file or
directory) because the language isn't installed hence why I'm trying to install the lanaguage.

Regards

Nigel Bishop