Question about backup/restore

From: "Nigel Bishop" <Nigel(dot)Bishop(at)ioko365(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question about backup/restore
Date: 2003-02-03 15:39:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

Could someone please advise:

I'm new to Postgres (13 years Oracle DBA experience) and I'm trying to
understand the nature of Postgres backup/restores.

An example:

If I take a backup (via pg_dump) at 8pm on Wednesday and then on
Thursday at 10am I have some form of media failure, how do I roll the DB
forward from the backup to the point of failure.

Can this be done?

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards

Nigel